For Tuesday, November 8, please elect to do the following:
(1) Watch Jason and the Argonauts (Nick Willing, 2000), taking notes as you see fit. In addition to the DVD being reserved at the library, the film is also streaming on Amazon.
(2) Perhaps not unsurprisingly, there's not much worthy scholarship available on this screen text. Given that fact, and because the film is long, please just consider the following questions as you watch:
- How does this version pay homage to and/or self-consciously correct the 1963 version?
- What is this version's conception of heroism vs. that of other screen texts?
- How does Medea in this version compare to Medea in the 1963 film?
(3) Remember by noon on Tuesday to comment on this post with your choice of a sequence from Jason and the Argonauts to view in class.